“Color is the first thing you see in a design. It is the first thing that hits you emotionaly, before you start looking at the form, or the typography, or the language, or the movement.” – Matt Pyke
3 Weeks Workshop for Artists and Designers:
- Discover the meaning of color
- Practise using color with intention
- Evoke specific emotions with color
- Master contrast and make your work remarkable.
- Avoid the 3 most common mistakes made by novices and hobbyist.
Drawing materials – pencil, pen, heavy white paper
Water Colours or any paint you feel comfortable with (e.g acrylics, oil etc)
Creative assignments to challenge your perspective on color use. Group feedback will be available in the gallery and the live sessions.
The workshop is self paced. You can start any time!
- This class is free to Design Garden Foundation and Trends students. You will be able to easily follow all the material and tutorials.
A shorter version of the class is available on Skillshare.
No. You can use hobbyist drawing and painting materials.
We are not going to cover in details the Color Theory. This workshop focuses on improving understanding of color beyond the theory.
$ Freefor FC and TC students
- 3 weeks workshop
- 3 live Q&A sessions
- 60 days access to all materials after the workshop
About the tutor
Sabina is the founder of The Ink Nest, a popular website for graphics where she offers artistic stock graphics together with several amazing artists. She is a graphic designer and web designer, founder of Design Garden Ltd – design studio. Her website www.designgarden.co
Graphic designer, web designer, illustrator